Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Helping Hand !!!....

This Saturday morning I was navigating myself through crowded road of Dadar. Road stretch from Kailash Lassi to Swaminarayan Temple is a really tortures one. There was a taxi trying to dash me and…. I jumped on to footpath. Butt.. I missed the step and was about to fall and suddenly some one just gave me hand. A Helping Hand. I got saved from incoming injury.

As I was recovering from the incidence I heard a small bang on the electric pole. Dhannnn…. A blind man had banged his head on to pole.

Instinctively, I went on to help him. As I touch his trembling hand, he said, ‘thank you, mala Kurlyla jayachya, mala station paryant sodata ka?? Kadhich vichartoy, pan sagale busy aahet’ (Thank you, I need to go to Kurla station, can you please show me the way to Dadar station? I am asking for help for long time now, but everyone seems to be in hurry).

Not that I was not in hurry, but I decided to show him the way. Passing by taxi's and making way through the crowd, we finally reached the steps leading to the station. This guy broke the long silence, and said, ‘dhanyawad bhau, dev tumhala pan yashacha rasta dakhavel’. (Thanks brother, God will guide you through the road of success).

The moment was so touchy, I almost felt like crying. Once again, my faith in humanity got restored. My drive to social service got the boost again. this happens to me again n again.... but in this routine somewhere I get lost in my own world. forgetting the pain in the society, forgetting that my society need me.

I realize it again,
Helping people.. is Helping ourselves...

"पारिजातकाच आयुष्य लाभल तरी चालेल, पण लयलूट करायची ती फ़क्त सुगंधाचीच"..



1 comment:

CSingh said...

Its really touchy.. others should also get inspiration from you Suyog...